1. Hubby and I facilitate a parenting class at our church, and part of our Saturday is focused on planning and discussing important parenting issues. This was our meeting- I’m feeling all important with my computer up and ready to go. I tease him all the time about having to wear his “cheater” glasses!! I’m sure I’ll be in the same boat one of these days- but my glasses will look so much “COOLER!” (wink)
2. Clearly, a weekend isn’t complete without a floating head in your laundry room sink. My daughter’s mannequin head had an issue with frizzy hair. She read on the internet that you can soak the hair in Downy fabric softener to “tame” the hair. Sorry, but that was really freaky!
3. We still have a boatload of snow, and it’s not melting any time soon. Yes, we even have some Christmas lights still on our bushes. I’m thinking we should just leave them on and be super organized and early for Christmas 2014!
4. In spite of the 4 hour soak in Downy, the mannequin hair remained frizzy, but smelled really good! As with any other bad hair day, sometimes you just have to throw it up into a bun!!
1. Sweet Pea had a friend over and the nail salon was officially OPEN! The nail experience was enhanced by playing “Wedding Dash” on the Ipad.
2. The hair salon was open too, with the “fishtail” braid as the daily special!
1. Our boys came home from college unexpectedly on Saturday (yay!) and some of their friends came over. They proudly displayed all of the disc golf “disks.” So colorful! These beauties represent over $500 worth of fun. Not my idea of fun– I would certainly spend $500 a different way!
2. When the snow is too deep to go outside and disc golf, you can always set up your own make shift “baskets” in the basement. I’m not kidding when I tell you that they spent HOURS downstairs doing this!! Of course they had music BLASTING!
3. After playing hours of disc golf in our basement, they decided that maybe they could wade through the snow to throw their discs. Common sense, anyone????
4. My son’s fiance stopped by and didn’t disc with them. (She’s so smart!) He thought he was so funny by covering her face with the disc. BTW, countdown to wedding day is just a few months away!
1. I could tell that Son #2 was home from college…the same old habits came rushing back. Goodbye nicely made and uncluttered bed!!
2. Loads and loads of laundry were done this weekend! The best part?? I wasn’t involved in ANY of it!! Can you see the potential issue here in the picture? Yes, the clean whites usually fall out of the dryer and fall in the dog water while being transferred. Should he rewash them again or just throw them in the dryer?? You guessed it, he didn’t mind dog slobbered water on his socks and threw them right into the dryer.
3. The two brothers bonding before they left. Son #1 (on the right) was folding his dark clothes before heading back to college.
4. Just look at that folding job!! I couldn’t even believe it! He’s got some “Mad folding skills,” and for that, this Momma is proud!! When asked about it, he said his Grandma taught him how to fold a shirt correctly…go figure.
Love it! All great stuff =)
Thanks, Laurie! Hope you had a great weekend too!
Sue Mackey says
Awww! Loved it all. I missed “seeing” Courtney until you mentioned the disc incident. As for folding the shirts……Did I do that or was it the other Grandma? Hope it was me. He did an excellent job, you will notice…….
She was there!!! I did get a picture of them both without the disc!