This year I decided to make a “Bucket List” for the Summer. In case you don’t know what that is, it is simply a list of things you really want to do and you try to accomplish them! Here was MY Summer Bucket List 2016!
- Visit a nearby cemetery where my husband’s great, great, great, great, great grandparents are buried. They actually started a church in our area and are buried right next to the church. I find it interesting to know that hubby and I grew up in Iowa and we now live in Wisconsin, 15 minutes from where his relatives are buried. As I stood by the grave, I felt my heart swell that God was so faithful to carry on our Christian faith throughout these generations! I took my Mom and daughter with me, we had fun looking at the old gravestones and had many memorable conversations on the way home!
2. Go to a local Farmer’s Market! We managed to make it to a farmer’s market where we saw many home grown goodies and actually came home with a BIG bouquet of flowers! Selfie Time!!!
3. Have a group of girls over to make a school memory book. We managed to meet most Thursday afternoons to scrapbook and chat. I loved hearing the stories and the giggles from the girls! We even managed to go for a swim at our subdivision pool for the last hour each time we were together- even if it was in the rain!!
4. Have a campfire with S’mores!! Thankfully the landscaping at our new house was done before Fall so we had the chance to gather ’round and burn a few marshmallows!
My favorite s’more of the night….Peanut butter cup!
5. Stir up some homemade dog treats. Whew, I almost missed this one. I managed to make these this week, just in the nick of time! The dogs love them!! The recipe will be on the blog next week!!
6. Visit a local auto racing track! Sadly, we didn’t make it to this one. I guess we couldn’t muster the energy to make it to the late night races. Oh well, there’s always next Summer!!
Hope you enjoyed this list and I hope it inspires you to make a FALL bucket list- it’s FUN!! I’m working on my Fall bucket list now- I would love to hear some of your list items!!!
Linking up with The Diary of a Real Housewife
Sue Mackey says
Very nice. Glad you almost completed your bucket list. The cemetery adventure was a peaceful experience and was interesting to read the many different stones. We need to visit the Farmer’s Market, also. So many offerings and great selection, I hear. How nice of you to have the gals over to work on Memory Books. I am sure they all enjoyed it. And your new patio is beautiful. Always love the fire….and the S’mores. I noticed that “someone” has the “stares” that one gets while watching the fire! Love it. And the doggy treats! How lucky are your pups! And the cookies do look professional, I think! Job well done!!