Peppers, peppers everywhere!! It’s that time of the year when the garden overflows with green peppers! Here’s a super simple recipe that my family LOVES- and you can count the ingredients on one hand!!
**Printable recipe below!!
Start with cutting the peppers and removing seeds and the membranes. No need to leave the pepper intact! It’s ok to cut them up into smaller pieces! Add about 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the dish.
Brown ground beef, add the cooked rice and the salsa!
Mix thoroughly and get ready to top the peppers with the meat mixture!
Don’t forget to add a little Parmesan cheese to the top!!
Bake covered for 45 minutes and here’s what the final product will look like…
Here’s what it looks like when 3 family members are given a spoon and some time!!
Yum, Yum, Yum!!
- 4 Green Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup dry Rice
- 1 cup of Salsa
- Parmesan Cheese
- Slice peppers in half, clean out peppers and slice into pieces.
- Grease a 9 x 9 dish and add ½ cup water, and add green peppers to dish.
- Brown ground beef
- Make rice ( I use 1 cup of minute rice, 1 cup of water)
- Add 1 cup of salsa to rice, then add to ground beef.
- Place meat mixture on green peppers and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake COVERED at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
Sue Mackey says
You did a good job with the cooking and your family did a good job with the eating. Lucky family to have a good cook in the house. Bless you all!