Raise your hand if you like pasta!! Me, Me!! Seriously, who doesn’t like pasta?? Well, I found this recipe to be a nice change from your typical spaghetti and meatballs with red sauce dinner, and my kids like it too! And the really great part? It has bacon in it! Double like!!! As you can see I snapped a picture of my hubby’s plate and salad. Yes, he likes black pepper…..and lots of it!!!
Here’s the recipe, I hope you’ll give it a try!!
Author: Jill on the Hill (originally from Ms. Goldgirl)
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 4-6 servings
This creamy Italian dish includes such ingredients as noodles, eggs and bacon and is a family favorite. It's a nice change from pasta and red sauce.
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ stick butter or margarine, cut in small pieces
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs. room temperature and lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 cup, grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions
- Cook the bacon according to the package directions- I use the microwave.
- Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the butter, chicken broth, salt and pepper and heat through but do not boil. Remove from the heat.
- Take the spaghetti with tongs and place it directly into the skillet with the other ingredients and lightly toss it in the mixture to coat. Add the eggs, and continue tossing for about a minute or until the sauce thickens. Add the parsley, then the cheese, and toss again. Sprinkle bacon over the spaghetti and stir it in!!
Wishing you a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!!
Linking up with GrammieTime & The Diary of a Real Housewife
Sue Mackey says
Looks so good and thanks for the recipe. You, too, have a great Memorial Holiday.