There are those nights. You know the nights I’m talking about. The nights when you just don’t have the energy, time or mental stamina to come up with a great dinner idea to feed your family. I know because I have these moments often. These are the moments when I fall back on what I call my “Go-To” Meals. While I’m sure there are many quick meals, these are my absolute favorites!!
- Breakfast for dinner- scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, french toast. You get the idea, any combination of these.
- Paninis- Make a turkey & cheese sandwich and put it in a panini press (or use a pan) and heat until the cheese melts.
- Chicken or Cheese Quesadillas- Use up that leftover chicken and add cheese. Throw in a pan and brown on both sides.
- Frozen Pizza or make a pizza using a pre-made crust.
- Frozen Chicken Stir fry in a bag (Gourmet Dining Brand.) I usually fix 2 bags- it disappears fast!
- Spaghetti & Meatballs- Throw a bag of frozen meatballs in a crockpot with a jar of spaghetti sauce. Let cook 4 hrs on low.
- Grilled Cheese & Soup
- Meatball Subs- Again, frozen meatballs & pasta sauce in a crock pot. Serve on hotdog buns- easy!
- Chicken Parmesan- Top pasta with chicken nuggets and cover in pasta sauce.
- Chicken/fish Tacos- Use chicken or fish nuggets and add to a tortilla with lettuce & cheese. (so not healthy, but quick!)
Do you have any favorite “Go-To” Meals?? I would love to hear about them! Let’s share the love and make dinner time easier!!