The weather is like this…
So, I declare it SOUP WEATHER!!
If I could pick ONE, just one soup to eat for the rest of my life, it would be this one! (Without the curry)
Here are the simple ingredients
First, start with your rotisserie chicken. Grab all of the meat off that chicken!
I use half of the chicken and then freeze the other half for chicken quesadillas
Chop 2-3 carrots or use quite a few baby carrots.
Cook carrots and onion in olive oil….add water or broth if it gets too dry.
Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soups and wild rice/seasoning packet. Heat for about 10 minutes.
Add chicken and evaporated milk.
It should look like this when it’s done!
P.S. I leave out the curry so it stays kid friendly. Hubby loads his up with curry powder !
I hope you love it as much as I do!!
Here’s the printable recipe!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cooked and meat pulled away.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons, Olive Oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped ( I use about 1 Tablespoon dry, minced onion)
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 1 box Uncle Ben's Quick Cook Wild Rice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- curry powder to taste
- Pull meat from rotisserie chicken. Set aside
- In a big pot, place olive oil, onion and carrots and cook until they're tender (You can add a little broth if the mixture seems too dry)
- Add chicken broth, Wild Rice & seasoning packet, cream soups and heat for about 10 minutes
- Add desired amount of chicken into the soup mixture. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add can of evaporated milk and stir.
- You can also add curry, but you may want to leave it out and set the spice on the table so people can add it to their soup if they choose.
- Serve with rolls and watch it all disappear!!
Sue Mackey says
Love this soup. I printed a copy. Thanks. And it is a beautiful soup!