Monkey bread. Why in the world do they call it monkey bread?? I’m still trying to figure it out!?! I do know that it’s a delicious, gooey, pull apart treat that I should only make once a year! We had it for breakfast and added a cheese stick. That’s a complete meal right there!! Did I mention how addictive it is?? Here’s the recipe….I hope you treat yourself and make it!
Author: Jill on the Hill via All Recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Comfort food
Serves: 8 servings
A wonderful mix of cinnamon, biscuits and gooey caramel sauce make this a wonderfully addictive treat!
- 3 (12 oz) packages, refrigerated biscuit dough- I used Grands brand.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons, cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6- 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar/cinnamon mix and arrange in the bottom of the bundt pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using raisins and nuts, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for one minute.
- Pour over the biscuits.
- Place bundt pan on cookie sheet (to catch any spills.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread will just pull apart.
Linking up with GrammieTime & The Diary of a Real Housewife
Sue Mackey says
Love monkey bread, I actually like your recipe better than mine. Can’t wait to try it.
Brooke Grangard says
I love monkey bread and haven’t had it in years! I haven’t seen it much outside of the Midwest. You have inspired me to make it again!