Money…Parents have it and teens want it! As they grow from the kid years to the teenage years, more options open up for making money, and not just YOUR money through commissions (a.k.a. chores!)
Here are some options for Teens to make money!!
- Work a restaurant or retail job- offers a great experience dealing with bosses and different personality types. Teens usually have huge wake up call, learning about the government and how much money they actually take out of their pay check!!
- Babysit or Nanny
- Work a seasonal job- concession stand, pumpkin farm
- Mow lawns in the neighborhood- mulching and weeding could be included
- Pet Sit/Walk dogs
- Wash Cars
- Helping neighbors and friends with odd jobs
- Make something and sell it! My friend’s daughter makes and sells beautiful, customized hair bows- brilliant!!
- Host a giant garage sale- a great time to weed through old clothes, toys and decor
Through these experiences our kids will learn such valuable lessons and life skills! The most important thing I want to teach my kids is that Work=Money!
Dave Ramsey says “Teaching our children to work is not child abuse.We teach them to work not for our benefit, but because it gives them both dignity in a job well done today, and the tools and character to win in the future as adults. (Taken from Smart Money, Smart Kids- Raising the Next Generations to Win with Money)
Sue Mackey says
Love this. Teens need to work and keep busy. Hopefully, they will earn some $$$$ for the work they do. It is a lesson that will take them far. Life experiences! Teen power!! <3