Hello, hello!!! What are you eating for your Christmas dinner?? We usually have turkey at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas. I know some of my friends do just the opposite! Whatever the case, here’s how I cooked our Thanksgiving turkey in a bag!!
- Thaw turkey or purchase a fresh turkey
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Take out giblets & neck
- Place 1 Tablespoon of flour in the bag and shake to distribute
- Place bag onto roaster
- throw apples, carrots and celery in the bag
- Rinse thawed turkey and pat dry
- Brush with melted butter or oil
- Add salt and pepper
- Place bird in the bag and tie off the bag with nylon tie
- Poke 6 half inch holes in the top of the bag
- Place bird in the oven on the lowest rack of the oven – cook until 180 degrees (in the thigh)
- 10-12 lb turkey- 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- 12-16 lb turkey- 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours
- 16-20 lb turkey- 2 1/2 to 3 hours
- Let bird rest 20 minutes
- Choose the BEST CARVER!!
- Carve the bird
- Try not to let the varmints get your grub!!!
It’s really easy to cook a turkey, using a bag!! No more getting up at the crack of dawn to bake the turkey for hours and hours!! How do you cook YOUR turkey?? A bag, or just roasted?