Simplicity- I’m striving for it in life and especially in cooking! This is one of my easiest recipes and I’m happy to share it with you today!!
Here are the ingredients …2 ingredients (roast & beef consomme) plus some kind of bread!
I used a 2-3 pound chuck roast. One thing I should have done is trimmed more of the fat off of the roast before adding it to the crock pot. Oh well, I remedied that later in the process! Add both cans of beef consomme on top of the roast, set it on low and let it GO for 6-8 hours!
Take out the roast, get rid of excess fat and shred the meat!
After taking the meat out, the juice will be left in the bottom . Ladle a little juice onto the meat to keep it from drying out if you’re not serving it right away!
I served the beef on a piece of bread and then added the juice- the bread was all soppy, just the way I like it! Feel free to serve the meat on hoagie rolls or a hamburger bun and add a small dish of juice for dipping!
My hubby added this item to add a little spice to his sandwich! You might like it too!!
Here’s the simple recipe if you want to print it out!
- 1 (2-3 pound) chuck roast
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans of Campbell's Beef Consomme
- Hoagie Rolls, hamburger buns or bread
- Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray
- Trim visible fat from roast
- Place roast in Crock Pot
- Dump both cans of beef consomme over roast
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours
- Remove roast and shred meat
- Add meat to bread, and dip sandwich into remaining juice from the Crock Pot