Warmer weather is here and the fruit is starting to look really good in the grocery store! Fruit salad is always a great side dish to accompany any grilled entree. I searched Pinterest for a recipe that had a little different twist to the normal fruit salad and this is what I came up with…make sure you look for the secret ingredient!
Here’s what you’ll need to throw this salad together! (for printable recipe, please scroll down.)
Did you see it?? Yep, it’s instant vanilla pudding!
Start making the dish by opening the cans of fruit and dumping them into a large bowl. DO NOT DRAIN! Wash and cut up the strawberries, dump in the blueberries, and add the dry vanilla pudding mix! Stir well. LEAVE OUT THE BANANAS until you’re ready to serve! No one likes to look at brown and yucky bananas!
Just before serving, cut up the bananas and add to fruit salad.
Get ready for dinner and watch the fabulous fruit salad disappear!
- 1 package, strawberries, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 pint blueberries
- 15 oz. can of peaches, diced (do not drain)
- 20 oz. pineapple chunks (do not drain)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3 oz.) box of vanilla instant pudding
- Open cans of peaches and pineapple chunks and dump into a large bowl.
- Wash strawberries, de-stem and cut into pieces, then dump in bowl.
- Wash blueberries and dump into bowl.
- Add dry instant vanilla pudding and stir well.
- Just before serving, add sliced bananas and stir well.