If you’re looking for a delicious dinner without the fuss, you’re in the right place!! All credit goes to my daughter in law for the recipe! Our son and daughter- in -love made this super yummy recipe on vacation on the day they cooked dinner for everyone! **PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW**
Slice 3 peppers (I used orange, yellow and red) and one sweet onion and throw them into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Add whole chicken breasts on top (I used 3 big ones) and sprinkle with a taco seasoning packet (or fajita seasoning.)
Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the meat reaches 165 degrees.
Remove whole chicken breasts from dish, and cut into slices. Then mix back into peppers and onions.
Serve with tortillas or on a lettuce bed, adding YOUR favorite toppings! We added avocado, cheese, sour cream, and salsa!! Check it out…delicious and healthy!
Here’s the printable recipe!!
- 3 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 packet of taco or fajita seasoning
- 3 large chicken breasts
- Toppings- lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado
- Slice peppers and onion and put into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish
- Top with chicken and sprinkle with taco seasoning
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Remove chicken breasts from dish and slice. Mix chicken back into the pepper/onion mixture.
- Serve with tortillas or on top of lettuce. Add toppings!