Happy November!!! My hope and prayer is that I can help you get ready for Christmas with less stress this year! Here is the month of November broken down by week. If you miss a few items, you’ll have an extra week to catch up! So, here we go!!!
- Talk to your family about Christmas traditions (new Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve, go to the ballet, etc) they want to continue- only plan the ones that are important to the family. (You can forget the rest!)
- Make a list of activities that you want to do during the month of December. An example might be to watch the movie “The Christmas Story”or Christmas Carol in your neighborhood.
- Distribute Wish Lists and collect as soon as possible.
- Send formal invitations to Christmas Dinner (if you do that!)
- Plan for overnight guests- check supplies: sheets, towels, etc.
- Start gift shopping- don’t forget the batteries!!
- Decide on Holiday menu
- Photocopy recipes and add to binder
- Order cards/purchase stationery
- Purchase stamps
- Order a photo calendar or design a photo album online
- Print address labels- store in a pocket in the binder
- Exchange names with family members if applicable (Thanksgiving is a good time-everyone is gathered together)
- Take Christmas card photo at Thanksgiving
- Decorate the house inside and outside
- Decide where you will store Christmas cards that you receive in the mail. Will you hang them around a door frame? Put them in a basket??
- Purchase stocking stuffers
Catch up week!!
If you have questions or just want to say HI, please leave a comment! Thanks!!!!
To see October’s tasks, click HERE.
Sue Mackey says
Hi! Just wish I were as organized as you are. I am still working on Thanksgiving, but looking forward to being with everyone at Christmas, too!
Jill on the Hill says
I’m looking forward to your noodles and homemade rolls! You are the best “cooker” ever!! Oh, and I can’t forget the liquid gold! (Strawberry Jam)