Thanksgiving will soon be here and it tends to be a day when people enjoy the meal a little too much- including me!! I thought I would share a very simple and LIGHT dessert recipe that might prevent you from having to wear your “buffet pants!” (The ones with the elastic waist!) I might add that it has a beautiful presentation and you can mix and match pudding and pie filling flavors! Enjoy!!
Here are the ingredients that you will need!
Pudding mix, Cool Whip, Pie Filling & Angel Food Cake
Here is the printable recipe…
Banana Cream & Cherry Trifle
Author: Jill on the Hill
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8-10 servings
A simple, light and gorgeous dessert that can be mixed and matched to display different flavors and colors too!
- 2 boxes (3 oz. each) instant banana cream pudding
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 angel food cake
- In a large bowl, follow pudding directions and put pudding in refrigerator to set.
- Tear angel food cake into small pieces.
- Place half of the shredded cake on the bottom of a clear trifle bowl.
- Spread half of the pudding on top
- Spread half of the can of cherry pie filling
- Add half of the cool whip
- Repeat layers starting with cake pieces, pudding, pie filling and end with cool whip
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve
I hope you’ll give it a try!! It’s a great dessert for Summer too!!
Linking up with The diary of a real housewife!