A friend on Facebook recently asked me how to get that bad smell out of her son’s room. I thought about it and came up with some strategies that I use to help with the smell- and there is a SMELL!!!
- Keep shoes outside- Because my son doesn’t like to wear shoes in the house, he takes them off in the garage and stores them there! He only has a few pair so it’s no big deal to keep them there!! No complaints here.
- Wash sheets regularly– Although once a week would be marvelous, sadly it doesn’t happen because he is in charge of his laundry. I will throw them in the wash if it gets bad enough…LOL.
- Open window daily- The open window policy is in effect through all times of the year- yes, even winter. It may be for just a few minutes, but it really makes a big difference!
- Keep food out of the room- tough to do, but it can be done! When my older boys were young, they used to “squirrel away” food in their rooms. We would usually find it when we moved furniture around….ugh.
- Take trash out daily- my son has a tendency to eat an apple while working on homework in his room, so apple cores collect in the trash can- that can get stinky after a week!
Well, that’s all I can think of as of now! If you have any other suggestions, I’m ready to listen! Leave your input in the comments! As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog!!!
Sue Mackey says
Good ideas. Shoes seem to be a major offender, so you are “good” in that area. Your house never stinks, I might add.
Jill on the Hill says
Yes, those shoes!!!! I think my candle burning must be working if you can’t smell anything!!!!