I was having lunch with my parents this week and they mentioned going to a local orchard to purchase some apples. My ears perked up and I immediately thought of my favorite recipe for apple bread!! Once again, I have wonderful friends who share recipes with me and this one is a WINNER!! The bread is moist, has chunks of apples throughout, and won’t stay in your house very long- it just disappears!
Here is the printable recipe for ya!!
Author: Jill on the Hill via Sara C.
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 2 loaves
A very moist bread filled with chunks of apple and a big taste of cinnamon!!
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and diced apples (i used Gala apples)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt- set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture and mix.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour into two greased 9x5x3 pans and bake at 325 degrees for an hour and 20 minutes. **I put parchment paper in the bottom of pans for easy removal.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
Oh, it’s SO GOOD!!
Your house will smell good too!! See you next week!
Sue Mackey says
Wow! I’m impressed. It looks so good, I can almost smell it! I am printing this and hope to make it soon. Thanks for sharing and I love your helper!