Do you like cookies?? I certainly do, and I LOVE white chocolate!
This recipe just JUMPED out me because it has an unusual ingredient- instant vanilla pudding! While cruising the internet one day, I ran into Janelle’s BLOG and found this recipe. I love Janelle’s heart and that she likes to cook for others- I certainly can relate to that! (My college son loved these cookies when I sent them in a care package!) I tweaked her recipe just a little and it has become a family favorite!
Here are the ingredients: (scroll down to see printable recipe)
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Add butter, white & brown sugar, instant vanilla pudding and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Add the eggs…
Add the dry ingredients.
Mix well, then add the white chocolate chips. Don’t worry, the dough is very sticky.
Use a medium scoop to place on cookie sheets. Aren’t they so cute! Yes, I wanted to eat the dough!!
They baked in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Here’s what they look like coming out of the oven! Let them sit for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Store them in an airtight container when they’re cooled!
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix. Mix well.
- Add eggs.
- Add flour mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for at least an hour- ****IMPORTANT STEP****
- Place scoop of dough on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges.
- After removing from the oven, let sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
- * For cookie bars, refrigerate dough for an hour and then press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.