1. Have you ever had anyone say anything negative to you about staying at home/ working from home?
Absolutely!! The saying is true…opinions are like noses, we all have one, and unfortunately some people don’t have filters!! Ha! Our plan from the beginning was that I was going to stay home with the kids when they came along in our marriage. It’s totally a personal and family decision. People really didn’t understand when all of the kids were in school and I still was at home! I’m super proud of being at home, loving on my family, keeping things running and “keeping a home!”
2. What is your favorite/least favorite part of staying home(or working from home)?
Favorite part is really getting to know my kids, their personalities and be there for them when they need me. Least Favorite part is being on call 24/7. Oh yeah, the non-salary part is kind of a bummer too!! We get paid in hugs!
3. What is your favorite/least favorite chore?
Please don’t ask me to clean the bathtub! My dislike of bath tub cleaning started when I was pregnant and had a hard time bending and reaching to clean it! P.S. I still don’t like it!! Favorite chore is Laundry….starting the laundry, but not the folding or putting away!
4. What time do you wake up/ go to bed?
My day starts any time between 5am- 6am and lights go out between 10:30-11:00pm…sometimes I get sucked into a Seinfeld episode and stay up a little later! hehehe!!
5. Do you put anything on in the background while you clean/work/cook (tv, radio, podcast, etc.)
It’s so funny, in our old house, I had the tv on all day…just for the noise?? In our new house, the tv is almost never on during the day, isn’t that weird?? These days I listen to podcasts while cleaning or I bring my computer into the kitchen and watch Youtube videos while I’m getting dinner ready.
6. Do you get dressed most days or stay in PJs?
I typically stay in my cozy clothes until everyone in the family is off to work and school, and then I get in the shower. Jumping in the shower right away in the early morning happens when I have early appointments or when I want to be really productive.
7. How often do you do your hair and makeup?
Doing my hair and makeup is part of my daily routine so it happens every day!
8. What is your “trouble zone” or area in your home that needs the most help?
Our “drop zone” area in our mudroom is definitely the trouble zone!! We have a counter top on a cabinet in the drop zone and it ALWAYS has way too much stuff on it!!
9. How often do you find yourself getting distracted?
Often!! I get distracted by the computer, talking on the phone with a friend or listening to a podcast.
10. Do you enjoy staying home or do you miss going to a job everyday?
I LOVE staying at home and consider it my job.
11. What is your “never ending” chore?
Um….dishes! I guess if you’re going to eat, you’re going to have dishes…and I LIKE to cook so that even adds to the never ending-ness!
12. What is your favorite way to relax or have “me” time?
Watch Youtube videos, read, or my favorite…NAP!!
13. How often does your husband/significant other chip in?
Often! He always cleans up the dinner dishes and is always happy to pitch in when I need help!
14. (If you have kids) When do you find time to do chores?
I do chores when the kids are at school.
15. How do you balance being a homemaker and creating Youtube content?
It’s difficult to balance being a homemaker, run a small business and be a blogger (haven’t added much to my YouTube channel lately.). I always prioritize being a homemaker first and then the other two get the rest of my time.
16. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
I love my office. My chair is extra comfy, I usually have a dog at my feet, I can connect with others on the computer AND I can see outside!!
17. What is your least favorite room in your home and why?
Our sun room has breathtaking views but on sunny days it’s too bright!!
18. Do you feel your home reflects your personal style? Why/why not?
Yes, right now it does….I like to have simple, larger things as accessories and I really like our color scheme. Recently, I’ve been strolling around Hobby Lobby and have been seeing some fun decor. I think a change is in the air!!!
19. What does your home smell like?
Oh, heavens…I don’t know. Some days it still smells like a new house, other days it smells like the fish that I cooked for dinner the night before!!! I try to burn candles in the morning according to my mood. Sometimes a fruity smell, flowery smell, a bakery smell or even a “clean” smell.
20. What is your strong point and weak spot when it comes to homemaking?
Strong point: I like routines, so laundry, cooking and cleaning usually get done. Weak Spot: I’m really bad at doing seasonal cleaning & maintenance…changing the furnace filter, washing windows, washing walls, etc! Do people still wash walls???
Well, that’s it! I hope you’re staying warm where you live- it’s been frigid today here in Wisconsin! I need a fire in the fireplace and a warm beverage!!! See you next week!!
Linking up with This is how we roll!
Sue Mackey says
I enjoyed this so much. There were no surprises, but it is nice to know how you “roll”! Thanks and as usual, you did a fantastic job….