Today I’m sharing a delicious meal that is easy to make and contains fruit, veggies, protein, and served with a starch..it’s a perfect all in one meal!!
Here’s what you need for the recipe…
Minnie says, “Don’t forget to add peppers if you want to!”
Start by slicing your peppers and place in the bottom of your greased crock pot. I used 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper in my recipe.
Mix the pineapple chunks, water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.
Open your bag of frozen meatballs (no need to thaw them) and place them on top of the sliced peppers.
Pour sauce over the top of the meatballs, put the lid on and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on top of a big scoop of rice!! (Yes, I picked out only the red peppers, cuz the green ones are NOT my favorite!) In all truth, I think one of my kiddoes chose not to have any peppers! This recipe is so versatile!!
Here is the printable recipe in it’s entirety!
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks (do not drain)
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound frozen meatballs
- Slice peppers and add to bottom of Crock Pot.
- Top with frozen meatballs.
- In a separate bowl, add the pineapple chunks, water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and corn starch.
- Mix well and then pour over meatballs in Crock pot.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Serve with rice.
Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!