Hey, Hey, Heyyyy! Summer is on it’s WAY!!!!
Just because the kiddoes are grown and have families of their own, doesn’t mean I can’t make my OWN bucket list, right?
Because Summer days can look pretty much the same, I sat down with a piece of paper and journaled some ideas that I would LOVE to do this summer!
Here are the details of my list!!
1. Go to the RACES!!
Slinger Super Speedway is a local race track, and I’ve never been there!! I attended a few races as a kid because my friend’s Dad was a racer- a pretty famous guy, Ron Jackson. He raced stock cars & super modified cars at 34 Raceways in Burlington, Iowa. So many fun memories were made there!
Here’s Ron in his later years!
I’m planning on going to the RACES sometime this Summer!!
2. We have a beautiful fire pit in our backyard, and we didn’t even use it last year! This year I’m determined to have at least one campfire!! S’mores and pudgy pies are so good!! This picture was from a few years ago! You can see the fire pit area on the left.
3. I fell in love with the game of Pickleball in college. It was a class that I could take, and it was SO FUN!! It’s a combination of tennis and ping pong. A small court using wooden paddles and a whiffle ball. We have a set that we bought, so I might just set it up in our driveway to play some night!!
4. There’s nothing quite like cruising on a pontoon boat! Last summer our family took a trip to the lake and we had access to a pontoon boat. It was a super popular activity with everyone, even the babies and kiddoes!
5. GO FISHING!! It’s been years since I’ve been fishing! I used to go to Northern Minnesota every summer with my parents, and we would sit in a boat and fish for hours every day! I loved catching the rock bass, sunnies, walleye and nothern pike. I might have even caught a turtle and a dog fish!
6. Read 2 books! It seems simple enough, right? Well, I love the thought of reading but when I sit down to read, my eyes close!! Anyone else have that problem?? I haven’t chosen the books yet, but I will soon!
7. Another activity I tried while vacationing last summer was kayaking! Would love to try that again this summer! Hoping I can find one that has a taller back.
8. We have some really nice Farmer’s Markets around our area and my goal is to visit one this summer! If I’m lucky, maybe I can get hubby to buy me breakfast, too!! (wink)
9. Dinner on our favorite restaurant patio is another item on the bucket list. We DID get a chance to already mark this one off last week, but you know I’m up for going again and again!!
10. Publish an E-book! SIMPLIFYING CHRISTMAS will be the title! I used to dread the busy and overwhelming Christmas season! I will be sharing all of my secrets & tips in the E-book to actually do less & enjoy the season more! Stay tuned!!
If you are a blogger, please link up, too!! Have a great week!!!