The classic pineapple upside down cake gets a fun breakfast twist in these pineapple upside down pancakes.- I’m always up for dessert for breakfast! Bring it on!!! I saw this recipe on Facebook and I KNEW I had to try it!!
Here’s the recipe!
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
Author: Jill on the Hill
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 5-6 servings
Sweet fruit meets fluffy pancake...it's a crowd pleaser!
- ½ cup. butter, divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 oz.) can of pineapple slices
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- maraschino cherries
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt ¼ cup butter and add brown sugar. Add pineapple rings and cook until caramelized.
- In mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl add milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined and no lumps.Add the other ¼ cup melted butter and mix well.
- Grease griddle and use ⅓ cup measuring cup to portion out batter. Place pineapple rings in the center and press down- add cherry.
- Flip when bubbles appear on top.
- Serve pineapple side up and drizzle with remaining brown sugar glaze or use maple syrup.
If you try them, be sure to let me know if you liked them!!!
Hit the LIKE button if this post just made you hungry OR leave a comment!!!
Linking up with My Life Abundant, Grammie time & The diary of a real housewife!
Sue Mackey says
They do look yummy and are pretty, too.
Jill Peterson says
They were SOOOOO good!!
I love pineapple upside down cake. Will have to add this to my next brunch menu. Thanks for sharing this week!
Jill on the Hill says
Thanks for hosting, Michelle!