I’m not a big oatmeal eater, but this recipe has quickly become my favorite! With only 5 ingredients (I only use 4) this makes for an easy breakfast that you can make the night before. I like to eat these oats cold, but you can also warm them in the microwave if you want!
Here are the ingredients that I use:
Now for the printable recipe!!
- ½ cup almond or rice milk
- ¾ Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons natural salted peanut butter or almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup oats
- In a bowl add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup and stir with a spoon to combine. Peanut butter doesn't have to be completely mixed with the almond milk (doing so leaves swirls of peanut butter to enjoy the next day.
- Add oats and stir a few times.
- Secure the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours. Make sure all oats are covered in milk.
- The next day, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with toppings such as banana slices, strawberries, raspberries or granola.
- Oats will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hours.
I hope you give this recipe a try….it’s a winner in my book!!!