Hey, friends! Here I am with a new recipe that we tried and LOVED! Have you ever tried orzo? I had tried it once or twice, but never cooked with it. It’s a tiny pasta that is just so cute! If you have a gluten or wheat allergy, I’m sure you could substitute rice instead of the orzo. I’d love to hear if you try it!!
Here’s the easy, printable recipe. I hope you love it as much as we did!!
- 1¼ cups uncooked orzo
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped onion (I used 2 T. dry, minced onion)
- 1 cup diced ham
- ⅓ cup frozen corn kernals
- ⅓ cup green beans, chopped into ½ inch lengths (I used canned green beans)
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt (I used cream cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the orzo; cook accordingly. Drain and set aside
- While orzo is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ham and cook for 3 minutes longer. Add the corn and green beans; cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the orzo to the ham and veggie mix. Stir in the mustard, yogurt, and vinegar; mix thoroughly. Serve hot.