One Christmas, a wonderful neighbor brought over a little treat for our family- Ooey Gooey Chex Mix! Once I had a bite, I was addicted! Honestly, I thought about hiding the container so I didn’t have to share with anyone! Yes, it was THAT GOOD! Sadly, the neighbor moved to Florida (Miss you, Terry!) but before she left, I got the recipe and today I’m sharing it with YOU! Here are the ingredients that you will need! (Parchment paper is good to have on hand too!)
You can find the full, PRINTABLE recipe at the bottom of the post!
Place chex mix in a big bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan until melted- then boil for a minute- KEEP STIRRING IT! Once it has boiled, let it cool for a minute or two, then pour mixture over the chex mix in the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
Spread mixture out on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper to let cool and then store in a sealed container!
That’s it!!! I thought this might be great to bag up for a bake sale or maybe you could pass some along to your neighbors! They will love you for it!!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 Tablespoons Light Karo Syrup
- 5 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- Dump chex mix into a large bowl.
- Put all ingredients, except corn chex into a saucepan and heat until fully melted.
- Keep stirring so it doesn't burn!
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Let cool for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over corn chex in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spread out the mixture on a parchment papered cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in a sealed container.