**“HAPPY PLANNER” GIVEAWAY AT THE END OF THE POST!! ** Give away Closed
Am I totally crazy for calling my planner “My Brain?” Probably, but seriously this thing holds my life together! If you’re looking to get started on this “planner” journey, here’s what I think you will need to get started. In this post I’m going to assume that you already have chosen a planner that works for you! So, here we go! (I use the Erin Condren Life Planner.)
- Pens- You can use ANY pen to write in your planner, but I like the Pilot G-2 pens. There’s absolutely no need to use different colored pens, but I like to color code activities for different people in my family, and I like to see a colorful page! When I first started out with my planner, I just used a black pen for everything. Also, I wouldn’t suggest using permanent markers to write on the pages because the ink will bleed through to the other side. (Lesson learned the hard way!) These pens are easy to find at Target, Wal-mart, etc.
2. Stickers!! To be honest, I like to have fun with my stickers. They add so much color to the page and my eye is drawn to the appointment or reminder and I know at a glance what is going on that day. You’ll notice that I use mostly “functional” stickers, not decorative, although I may throw on a decorative one just for fun! You can find stickers so many places! I have stickers that I have ordered from etsy shops, and shopped Target, Michaels and office supply stores and have found some really cute and inexpensive stickers!
3. Washi Tape– I don’t use washi tape very much and I don’t have a wide selection in my caddy. I often use it for mapping out a certain event that lasts a few days or more.
Here is an example: marking off a tennis camp.
I sometimes use it to separate the week from the weekend- you can get creative with washi!
4. Snap in bookmark and elastic band.
My planner came with a snap in bookmark so I can open right up to the week and find it easily. The elastic band also came with my planner. It marks the month at a glance page. Both of these items make keeping track of dates and appointments easier! You can always use a girl’s elastic headband as your band too!!
5. Caddy, or a place to store your supplies.
With all of these supplies, it’s nice to have it all handy in one place. I use this Craftsman tool caddy to store my planner “stuff.” (Found at Sears) It has a place on a shelf in one of my closets, all tucked away until I need it! Don’t you just love all of the bright colors??
There are SO MANY other supplies that you can buy or make to use in your planner. I’m what the scrapbook community calls a “functional” planner, only writing down appointments and info I need to know for the week. I like to see empty space on my calendar- it gives me peace. Some may decorate every white space in their planner. The beauty is that everyone has a different style and can be productive using a planner!
To see some of my planner photos, follow me on Instagram….link is above!!!
Please leave a comment and I will randomly choose a winner to receive a “HAPPY PLANNER” from Target!! *Give away closed.
Linking up with Tatertots & Jello and Party at My Place!