Christmas is less than a week away and I’m really looking forward to seeing my people…and eating this special breakfast on Christmas morning!! In fact, I may have to make 2 pans of this awesomely good french toast casserole because our family is growing! My kids look forward to having this every Christmas- it’s a crowd pleaser!!!
** MAKE THIS THE NIGHT BEFORE SERVING**
Do you want to know a secret?? The secret to serving this dish is to flip it over on the plate so you can see all of the beautiful plumped up craisins and apples! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!!
Holiday Morning French Toast
Author: Jill on the Hill
Recipe type: Breakfast
A yummy apple, cinnamon and craisin french toast dish that you make the day ahead to serve to your loved ones!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon (divided)
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 loaf of french bread, cut in 1 inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- In a 9x13 pan, combine brown sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Put apples and craisins on top
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Top with bread slices.
- Mix eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended- and pour over bread
- Refrigerate overnight
- Bake, covered at 375 for 40 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes more.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving
- When serving, flip over onto plate so apples are on top!
Linking up with Organized31.