This is SO NAUGHTY….yes, it’s naughty, and buttery and sugary and irresistible and FESTIVE!!!
That’s why you need to make this!!!
Harvest Chex Mix
Author: Jill on the Hill via Onelittleproject.com
Recipe type: Dessert
A fun Fall Snack for sweet & salty lovers!!
- For the Sauce:
- ¾ cup Butter, melted
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- For the Mix:
- 1 box Rice Chex [365g (12 oz)]
- 1 bag Bugles [213g (7 oz) bag]
- 4 cups Pretzels
- 1 heaping cup Candy Corn
- 1 heaping cup Candy Corn Pumpkins
- 1 bag Reese's Pieces [230g (8oz)]
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in medium bowl or measuring cup.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk well until combined and dissolved.
- In a VERY large bowl, add the Chex cereal, pretzels and Bugles.
- Pour the sauce over the cereal mixture and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide mixture on the two baking sheets and spread in even layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Then add it to a large bowl, along with the candy corn, pumpkins and Reese's Pieces. Toss to combine.
- Store in airtight container.
Make sure you follow the recipe….I didn’t and ended up mixing it all together, only to read that you mix only the rice chex, bugles and pretzels in a bowl. I spent another 30 minutes picking out the candy before I baked it!!! LOL!!
Linking up with This is how we roll!