I tried this recipe on a whim, because it was EASY and you know how I love easy recipes! Quite surprisingly, my family loved it, so I thought I would share!!
Here are the simple ingredients… (printable recipe listed below)
Plug in your Crock-Pot and set on HIGH. Spray with cooking spray. Add raw chicken breasts and about a cup of water.
Pop on the lid and cook on high for 3 hours.
Near the end of the 3 hours, Mix orange marmalade, BBQ sauce and soy sauce together in a bowl.
Drain liquid from Crock-pot.
and then add sauce to Crock-Pot and cook for 30 more minutes.
I served my chicken as whole breasts, but you could certainly shred the chicken and combine with sauce and then serve over a bed of rice. I also added my favorite Oven Roasted Asparagus as a side dish!!
- 4-5 raw chicken breasts
- ¾ cup orange marmalade
- ¾ cup bbq sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Set Crock-pot on high.
- Spray inside with cooking spray.
- Add chicken breasts and 1 cup of water.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Mix orange marmalade, bbq sauce and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- Drain liquid from Crock-Pot.
- Add sauce to chicken breasts and cook 30 minutes more.
- Serve over rice or pasta.