Christmas is supposed to be a time of love, joy and peace, right? Well, truthfully it used to be a time that I would dread. So much to do with so little time- I was completely frazzled! I’m hoping in this 3 part series, I can help you take control of the season instead of it controlling you! You may think I’m totally crazy preparing for Christmas in October, but this is the “secret sauce” in having a Christmas with LESS STRESS!!
Here are the tasks (week by week) to get done in the month of October...
- Make a Christmas binder-
You will need: 1/2 inch three ring binder, divider tabs with pockets (8-10 tabs) page protectors
Tabs should be marked:
- Make a Christmas Budget: decide what you will spend for each person
- Make (print) a Master Gift List- include family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers, service providers, etc.
- Purchase bins for all family members and label them: purchased gifts will be stored here. Also, on Christmas morning each person will use their bin to keep track of gifts/gift cards. I usually have 8 bins- one for each child & their spouse, one for grandparents, one for friends & service providers, one for my spouse, one for me. Stocking stuffers can also be stored in here.
- Inventory Wrapping Supplies: gift wrap, gift bags, tissue, tape, ribbon, labels, gift boxes, bows, beverage/wine bags, scissors, pens, mailing boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, packing labels
- Order Return Address Labels
- Purge clothing & toys: make room for the new things coming in…
- Check over card list: decide who will be receiving cards
- Make a formal family portrait appointment or plan what you will wear in a casual picture
Start with these simple actions and you are well on your way to enjoying and celebrating the Christmas season with less stress!!
Sue Mackey says
You are so organized. So very proud of you! Looking forward to Christmas with my favorite people. And dogs…..
Pamela Smith says
Great idea! I usually keep it all in my head, but a binder sounds much smarter! Hmmm!
Jill on the Hill says
Go for it, Pamela!!!