Here I am, once again, sharing a recipe that gets rave reviews from friends & family! This particular recipe is one that I only make in the summertime and it’s best served very COLD! Perfect for a hot, summer day!! I have to give credit to my friend, Julie, for the recipe! Isn’t it great to have nice friends that share recipes???
Anyhoo, Here are the ingredients that you will need to gather for this recipe!
(Printable recipe can be found below)
First, start by draining your pineapple, dice your celery and throw that diced chicken all into a big bowl.
I’m not a big Miracle Whip fan, but in this recipe, it’s perfect! Add a about a cup of it to moisten the other ingredients in the bowl. Stir it up well, put a lid on it and then plop it in the fridge for a few hours.
Right before serving, add the chow mein noodles and the cashews, mixing it until blended together. I think I did add a smidge more miracle whip to moisten it up just a tiny bit more. If you don’t like the chunkiness of the cashews, you can break them into smaller pieces if you want!
I hope that you’ll give it a try!! But please don’t if you have a nut allergy, OK??
- 20 oz. can of pineapple tidbits, DRAINED
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped finely
- 4-6 chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- Small bag of chow mein noodles
- Bag of cashews, chopped if desired
- Combine diced chicken, celery and pineapple in a large bowl.
- Add enough miracle whip to moisten.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Just before serving, stir in chow mein noodles and cashews.
- Mix thoroughly.
Linking up with: Grammie Time & The Diary of a Real Housewife