Man, oh, Man…this is such a great recipe!! When my family gets together for dinner, this recipe is often requested- Burrito Bowls! What’s great about this recipe is that you can cater it exactly to your families taste!! (Printable recipe below.)
The night I made this recipe, we were having ten people over for dinner. I pulled 8 chicken breasts out of the freezer, thawed them out and marinated them in Italian dressing. Feel free to use ANY marinade that you want!! I kept them in there for about an hour so they were good and flavored. I then grilled them on the George Foreman grill for about 5 minutes or until they reached 165 degrees. Once they were cool, I shred them up and put them in a bowl to get ready for the buffet!
While your chicken is cooking, I like to mix together this Fiesta Ranch Dip into a 16 oz. container of sour cream. My boys are Cuckoo for this dip!!!! It’s a Spicy sour cream!! Just dump the packet into the sour cream and stir!
I also put together 3 cups of rice and 3 cups of water and got it going in my Rice Cooker. When it was finished, I added 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and the juice of one lime….it’s SO GOOD!! Cilantro Lime Rice for the win!!
Here is the burrito bowl buffet, ready for the crowd!! We kept it pretty simple that night, but you could add refried beans, pico de gallo, salsa, corn salsa, lettuce, rice, guacamole, Fritos, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, black beans, chips….whatever your little heart desires!! Then just watch the food disappear!!!
I promise that you’ll get a thumbs up if you make this recipe!! Give it a try!!
- 8 chicken breasts, thawed
- sour cream
- packet of dry Fiesta Ranch dressing
- Jasmine rice
- 1 lime
- Topping suggestions: Lettuce, cheese, lime rice, black beans, refried beans, Fritos, corn salsa, guacamole, salsa, cheese & pico de gallo.
- Marinate and cook chicken breasts until they are 165 degrees. Cool then shred.
- Stir Fiesta Ranch dip into sour cream.
- Make rice, then add lime and chopped cilantro
- Line up your buffet with all the fun things that your family would love!
See you next week!!!