I was having lunch with my parents this week and they mentioned going to a local orchard to purchase some apples. My ears perked up and I immediately thought of my favorite recipe for apple bread!! Once again, I have wonderful friends who share recipes with me and this one is a WINNER!! The bread is moist, has chunks of apples throughout, and won’t stay in your house very long- it just disappears!
Here is the printable recipe for ya!!
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and diced apples (i used Gala apples)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt- set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture and mix.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour into two greased 9x5x3 pans and bake at 325 degrees for an hour and 20 minutes. **I put parchment paper in the bottom of pans for easy removal.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
Oh, it’s SO GOOD!!
Your house will smell good too!! See you next week!